The team of litigators is headed by the well-known attorney, recognized as one of the leading litigators in the country, Ketti Kvartskhava.
Team of litigation of BLC includes superb practitioners such as: Partner Giga Batlidze, Senior Associates Lasha Uplisashvili, Tamta Ivanishvili, Keti Beradze and Rusudan Tchkuaseli, Associates Davit Tabatadze and Levan Kantaria.
Success of BLC in the litigations and dispute settlement has been recognized in number of international professional research guides.
BLC has large record of high profile cases and highly successful record of litigations.
BLC has Over 80 on-going litigations, amongst those the high profile civil and administrative cases.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION SERVICES:
- Proceedings before administrative and regulatory agencies and international tribunals.
- The defamation case vis-à-vis the Georgian newspaper Asaval Dasavali, where BLC represents TBC bank and its founder Mamuka Khazaradze.
- BLC represents Metra Development against MMB LLC regarding the breach of the construction contract.
- BLC represented Kosan Kozmetik Pazarlama Ve Ticaret A.S, regarding which the Supreme Court of Georgia delivered landmark decision establishing criteria for cancellation of trademarks registered in bad faith.
- BLC represents the interests of Societe BIC in various legal actions against the illegal use of TMs and destruction of the counterfeit goods. Case of tax authorities against Nelsen certified TV rating measuring company TVMR, where BLC represents the taxpayer.
- BLC represented JSC Mina, the only glass manufacturing plant in Georgia, in the state labor dispute mediation following the strike. Georgian Labor Code has been recently revised, including renewed regulatory framework applicable to collective dispute settlement, making BLC’s role on the matter rather challenging.
- BLC is successfully representing Mina since 2000 on various disputes vis-à-vis the private parties and administrative bodies.
- BLC represents the interests of oil and gas license holder Canargo Georgia LLC in the civil and administrative cases. BLC has successfully completed the case against the Ministry of Environment of Georgia regarding LC EIA.
- Case of publishers vis-à-vis the Ministry of Education for the infringement of IP rights, where BLC represents the publishers.
- BLC represents Tiffany and Company in dispute regarding the cancellation of a well-known trademark registered in bad faith.
- BLC represents Sun Petroleum Georgia LLC (one of the largest petroleum retail networks operating in Georgia under the brand name “Gulf”) in a pending dispute vis-à-vis the Competition Agency.
- BLC represents the debtor companies Ioli Supermarket and Populi Supermarket, in insolvency matters.
- BLC successfully represented Georgian Manganese LLC (the largest single contributor to the GDP of Georgia by exporting silicon-manganese) in the largest tax dispute commenced as a result of arbitrary assessment of taxes by the Revenue Service of Georgia. Disputable amount is over GEL 200 million. Dispute was successfully resolved in the Court of Appeals in favor of the client.
- BLC Represents Temur Ugulava in divorce case that pertains to property distribution between the spouses. It is the largest divorce case reviewed in the courts of Georgia.