Head of Litigation | Litigation & Arbitration
tel: (+995 32) 292 24 91
Davit Tabatadze has been engaged in legal practice in Georgia since 2012. He joined BLC in 2013 and was gradually promoted to Head of Litigation. Davit’s practice area includes commercial, IP and administrative litigation and commercial arbitration.
Apart from his legal practice, Davit has been actively involved in academic activities. He has been an invited lecturer at Ilia State University teaching Civil Procedure to master students. He teaches Private International Law and International Civil Litigation at the Tbilisi State University. He authored law review articles titled “Choice of Law and Jurisdiction in Electronic Contracts”, “Adaptation of a Contract to Changed Circumstances”, “Burden of Proof and Standards of Proof in Civil Litigation”. He was involved in drafting of the new Civil Code Commentaries as a research assistant.
Davit won the Best Speaker Award at the national moot court competition organized by National Center of Commercial Law in 2013. He is also a winner of the article contest launched for the annual law review journal – Commercial Law Review.
Education and other credentials:
- LL.M. Wake Forest University School of Law, USA (2018);
- Ph.D Candidate, New Vision University (2021);
- Successfully passed The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) (2018)
- Master’s Degree, Tbilisi State University (2016);
- Non-degree studies, University of Lodz (exchange program), Poland (2016);
- Bachelor’s Degree, Tbilisi State University (2013);
- Admitted to Georgian Bar;
- Languages: Georgian, English